You may wonder what the fastest way to transfer data to your new PS5 console from an old PS4 console. Let’s get started and see which are the best ways to transfer data from your PS4 console to your PS5 one.
Is there a faster way to transfer data between PS4 and PS5?
First, prepare your consoles to receive data.
- You must ensure that you are signed in to the exact same account on both consoles.
- Next, check for updates to ensure that your consoles have the most recent system software versions.
- Navigate to Trophies. Next, select Options. Then, select Sync With PlayStation Network. This will synch your trophy information.
- Verify compatibility. Check for compatibility issues before transferring PS4 games to the new PS5 console. Otherwise, the transfer may fail. Some PS4 games are not compatible with the PS5.
Use a cable connection
To speed up data transfer, use a LAN cable connection. A wireless connection can take up to tens or more hours to transfer hundreds upon gigabytes. A cable connection is the fastest way to transfer data between PS4 and PS5.
You have two choices:
- You can connect both devices to one wireless connection and then connect the PS4 to your PS5 using a LAN cable.
- Use two LAN cables to connect both devices to one router and then transfer data.
Steps to transfer data between PS4 and PS5
- Turn on your PS4 or PS5 consoles.
- Use LAN cables to connect them together.
- Navigate to Settings – Software – Data Transfer on your PS5 – Continue
- Choose your PS4 console to transfer data.
- Hold the power button on the PS4 console until the message “Prepare for Data Transfer” appears on your PS5 console.
- Next, select the data you wish to transfer from your PS5.
- Click the Start to Transfer button.
During data transfer, your PS5 console may restart several times.
Use a USB storage drive
You can also transfer your PS4 data onto a USB storage device. Once you have done that, you can plug in the USB drive to your PS5 console and copy data.
Upload data to cloud
You don’t have to transfer data at all. Instead, upload your PS4 saves and then download them to your PS5 console.
Cloud transfer shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes if you have a stable and fast connection. Cloud transfer may take up to an hour if your connection is slow or unstable.
To use this method, you will need a PlayStation Plus subscription.
When transferring data, can I put my PS5 into Rest Mode?
It’s best to not leave your console in Rest Mode when transferring data. This will prevent unexpected problems. Many people who set their console in Rest Mode, then went to sleep, received an error message that informed them that the data transfer was cancelled.
Rest Mode will allow your PS5 to continue unpacking, but it will then go to the main menu, and the transfer process will stop.
Rest Mode turns your PS5 console to a low-powered mode. Many users have complained that Rest Mode can sometimes cause glitches on their PS5 consoles. Users are often forced to press the Power button repeatedly to turn on their consoles while in Rest Mode.
Have you had any problems transferring your PS4 data from your old console to your new PS5? Leave your comments below.