Many of the most popular games can eat up a lot of space on your hard drive. Sometimes, the large size of the game files can cause players to pause before clicking on the Install button. AAA games can have jaw-dropping game file sizes.
List of the biggest games by file size
- 295 GB: ARK: Survival Evolved, with all DLCs
- 231GB: Duty: Modern Warfare
- 178 GB: Quantum Break
- 165 GB: Destiny 2: ShadowKeep
- 165GB: Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War
- 150GB: Red Dead Redemption 2.
- 150 GB Final Fantasy XV
- 149 GB Hitman 2
- 131 GB Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: 127 GB
- 126 GB Halo: The Master Chief Collect
- Gears of War 4: 117 GB
- Borderlands 3: 116 GB
- 113 GB Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 112 GB Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
- 112 GB: ARK Survival Evolved
- 110GB: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- 109 GB Dirt Rally 2
- 101 GB: Call of Duty – Infinite Warfare
- 98.2 GB: Forza Horizon 4
- 96.5 GB: Elder Scrolls Online
- 95 GB Middle Earth: Shadow of War
- 95 GB: Call of Duty Warzone
- 94 GB: Vermintide 2
- Destiny 2: 92GB
- Grand Theft Auto 5, 90GB
- 89 GB Battlefield V
- 85 GB: Gears 5.
- 82 GB: Baldur’s Gate 3.
- 77 GB: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- 77 GB: Forza Horizon 4
- 70 GB: Metro Exodus
- 67 GB: World of Warcraft
- 64 GB: Death Stranding
- 63GB: Uncharted 4
- 55 GB: Destiny: the Collection
- 53GB: Mafia 3.
- 52GB: Battlefield 1
- 52GB: Wolfenstein: The New Order
- 50GB: The Witcher III Wild Hunt
Get an external drive or free up space
To free up space on your hard drive, make sure you delete any apps or games that you don’t use. To make space for the game that you are planning to install, delete unnecessary apps and games.
You don’t have to delete any files. Instead, you can get an external hard disk and store your games on it.
Low storage space can cause all kinds of glitches and errors. You should always have at least 10GB free space on your hard drive.
Which is the most popular game you have ever installed on your console or PC? Comment below.